Friday, December 2, 2011

New Author Friday! Spencer Brokaw

Okay so today is Friday and I have an author interview! Yay! There's something very interesting about this author.... He's twelve! read on to find out more about the amazing author of The Impenetrable Spy. 

--

Can you tell us about yourself?

My name is Spencer Brokaw, 12 year old author of The Impenetrable Spy available on Nook, Kindle, Ibooks, and in paperback on Amazon. I love to write, and already have my second book done, and I am currently working on my third. I enjoy golf, swimming, playing the drums, reading, and writing when I have the chance.


[14a95cffbd600ac1d188bd_L__SX750_SY470_.jpg]When did you first have an interest in writing?

When I was 6 or 7, my dad suggested that I write as a cure for boredom. I wrote a short story (21 notebook pages) about a man that breaks out of jail. I wrote other stories until typing my first on the computer. I then moved onto a second book on the computer, that is now The Impenetrable Spy.


Can you tell us about your book? Without giving it away, of course. 

Zack Carter was an ordinary person until meeting up with the CIA. Zack creates a time machine that can transport him back in time when his heart rate stops. Zack is nearly "Impenetrable" and can not be beaten. Wang Bo, a rich leader of China discovers a small statue that can make peoples worst fears come alive. He is also the leader of a mass terrorist group dubbed the Bad Hounds. Zack's main priority is to save the United States from World War 3. He travels through several missions through huge mansions, a war torn D.C, an insane asylum, and New York City.

Are there any authors that have become your role models or books that you’ve read that you thought of while writing that you wanted to write one like it?

Rick Riordan, J.K. Rowling,and Lemony Snicket were my favorite writers. There weren’t many books that I wanted to copy, but video games like Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon made me like the espionage genre a lot.

What inspired the Impenetrable Spy? 

It never would’ve started without my dad suggesting writing 6 years ago, but video games were a heavy influence. The action genre in movies also geared me towards this direction. I have always loved to write these types of books, so eventually this is a story I came up with.


Can you give one piece of advice to the writers out there?

Keep writing. If you stop writing, even for a short amount of time, it gets out of shape. It’s like exercise, you have to keep doing it otherwise you’ll get out of shape. Writing needs to be practiced at least once a week, but once a day is even better.

--

And that's Spencer my friends! You can find him on his blog at Writing Tips from a 12 Year Old Author and get his book on your Kindle and on Smashwords. Good luck with your writing and have a nice beginning of December! It's off to the school play for me!


4 comments:

  1. Great interview from a budding young new author! Keep your eyes out on him :)

    Thanks for putting together my interview! You did a great job Nata. I appreciate the hard work put into all of these posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you let me! It's nice to hear about new authors, maybe someday I'll be one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are, you'll need to immediately let me know so I can read up on whatever you have written, so I can give it it's first 5 star review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :] That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...