Friday, November 11, 2011

Interview: Jamie Brook Thompson

If you're here, back again from last Friday, I want to congratulate you! Welcome back! Right off the back I would just like to point out that today is the big 11.11.11! Whoopie! And I can tell my cat is also just as happy as I am as she is purring furiously on my lap. :) For those of you doing Nanowrimo, what is it? About a week and a half now? Congrats, only a few weeks to go!

Today I have the honor of introducing Jamie Brook Thompson! She's a new author, her book Fairytale Farms has just recently come out. I thought you guys might want to hear a little about her, maybe realize that eventually, someday in forever, you'll finish your book. But remember, there's a lot of hard work from now to that day.

Anyways, I interviewed our fabulous guest so read on!

---

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I'm pretty much just like everybody else. A dreamer, a believer, and a friend to everyone. I have the biggest problem with meeting new people and not realizing we haven't been friends forever. I also drink way too much Pepsi because I can't get enough of those burning bubbles down the back of my throat. Blast you carbonation!

What inspired you to write?

I'm gonna go with the book that started us all... Twilight! I'll be proud to admit I love Meyers! She did what all of us dream of... Got people to read! I say a person can love or hate Meyers, but we all have to respect her... Again, Folks, she got people to read!

Can you tell us about your book? Without giving it away, of course. 

I like to write about the dark truths of reality in a world of fantasy. In Fairytale Farms, Melody, has some dark secrets she can't tell anyone about. Right off the bat, she meets a couple of cowboys who distract her from her problems. But just as she falls for one of them, he becomes sick. Her bottled secrets are destroying his magical existence. The trouble is, even though he knows he can't be with her, the cowboy can't give Melody up. And she refuses to walk away from him, even when she knows being with him might cost Melody her life.

Out of all the characters in your book, who is your favorite? If you can't choose, who would most likely be your friend if they all saw you on a daily basis?

Melody would be my best friend because she's real. She's insecure, rough around the edges, not easily won over, and really she just a scattered teenager, but deep down she's a good person. She only wants what most of us want... To be accepted and loved.

Have any books to recommend that you've read and really liked? (Besides your own, which I'm definitely reading when I get the chance.)

Rather than give you a book I've been reading, I'll tell you I'm in a huge Sarah Zarr phase right now. I can't get enough of her. She's amazing. I would recommend readers start with her book Sweethearts.

Can you give one piece of advice to our readers out there on their writing?

My advice for writers... NEVER give up! If somebody doesn't like your work, they're not your audience! Believe in yourself. You are the only one that knows YOUR story. Tell it YOUR way. Nobody else can tell it like YOU can! Have faith in yourself, and work everyday like there's no tomorrow to perfect your craft. 

---

Check out her blog here to find out more about her book, which in available on Amazon, Nook, and Kindle. Thanks guys and happy Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...